Saturday, October 1, 2011

October 1st

It is already October.  I was going to do a great job of journaling this year and I didn't do so good, but I do want to go back and include a few things.  This is General Conference weekend.  We started out today by getting Tripp at about 6:30 a.m.  We went and watched Colin and Amelia play awesome soccer games!  We managed to get home just in time for the opening song of the 1st session.   There were definitely a lot of warnings about the temptations of satan, that we need to read scriptures and stand up for what we believe. 
Ben is at the Priesthood Session with Michael and Nicolaas.  Chad went to Richfield with his family to visit friends.  Katie and I went to the Relief Society Session last Saturday (Jennie had to work).  We had lots of fun.  Katie helped me pick out some Christmas presents for the little girls.  We went shopping.  A new Sizzler just opened at The District and Katie wanted to go there (not a normal choice for her).  I am pretty sure we tried one of everything.  After the meeting we went to see Jennie and took her Cafe Rio.  Of course, we had to eat some chips and queso.  Katie and I especially like President Uchtdorf's talk at the conference.
i just ran 3.3 miles and then walked a mile.  On October 15th, Ben and I are running the SoJo Half Marathon.  Michelle is going to run it too.  We did a 10 mile run on Wednesday which took everything I had.  I do better at the short runs--not that I have ever been fast.  We just figure that someone has to be last!

No comments:

Post a Comment