Tuesday, October 11, 2011

59th Birthday

Okay, it happened!  I can't believe I am 59.  It sounds so old and 60, well that will just be unreal.  Some days I feel tired and like I should be 100, but most of the time I don't feel old.  I am glad that Ben and I are still healthy.  It feels good to be able to run.  This Saturday we will be running a half-marathon - slowly - but we are doing it.

My birthday always seems like a big celebration and, of course, there was a lot of treats.  Saturday Connie and Dave came down and visited.  Also, Ben and I went shopping with my birthday money.  I got a new outfit, pearl earrings and a new wallet.  Sunday most of Ben's kids came over which was nice.  Jennie and Katie and families came over Sunday night for dinner which also was very nice.  Larsens gave me a great pedicure set and Rallisons gave me a brown earring and necklace set.  All in all, I feel spoiled.  Brian called tonight which topped it all off.  All I really like on holidays is to know that the kids remember.  Presents are not necessary, but admittedly fun!

I have to confuse how much junk food was consumed on my birthday weekend.  I should have enough stored sugar to last for several lifetimes.  In fact, I am somewhat worried about the effect on my body for running this weekend.  Okay, here is the confession (and remember this is just Saturday and Sunday) 4 twist donuts, 2 big brownies, several small butterfinger candy bars.  I don't think I ate my own cake and ice cream.  Just the thought of junk food makes me want to be sick, but, unfortunately, yesterday I had to eat the rest of the brownies and the 2 peanut butter cups.  Then today my friend brings chocolate chip cookies and that would just be rude not to eat one.    Tonight, I added some peanut m & m's to the mist.  Back to healthy food.  I think I am going to die!!!!!  I can see my tombstone now - With Sugar she lived, With too much Sugar she died!

No comments:

Post a Comment